Your privacy – how cookies are used by the 3Ci
3Ci uses small amounts of data stored on your computer called ‘cookies’ to collect information about how visitors use the website. You can control what cookies, if any, are stored on your computer. Find out more about cookies below.
1.1 What is a cookie?
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Your browser is the computer program you use to access the internet. By default, your browser will only allow a website to access the cookies it’s already sent to you, and not the cookies sent to you by any other website. This is to protect your privacy.
For more information go to: http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
1.2 Types of cookies
There are effectively four different variants of cookies that websites create:
- Session cookies – These types of cookies are only valid when the user browses a site and are expired when the user leaves a website. Session cookies are used to remember if a user has logged into a website for example.
- Persistent cookies – Persistent cookies are not cleared when a user closes their browser. They are used to remember if the user has visited the site before, whether they ticked a ‘remember me’ type checkbox when logging into the site or where the user visited the website from. These types of cookies generally have a fixed time-frame before expiring, for example a year.
- First party cookies – First party cookies are examples that are only used within one particular website. Data from the cookie isn’t accessible to other websites.
- Third party cookies – These cookies do contain data that third party websites can access. Examples include social media sharing controls or analytics based websites.
1.3 Services that need cookies to work
Some services need to store a cookie on your computer for them to work. These cookies are removed when you finish using the service. If cookies are blocked then these services will not work.
1.4 Controlling what cookies are stored on your computer
You can set your devices to:
- Accept all cookies
- Tell you when a cookie is being received
- Not receive cookies
- Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
1.5 Rejecting cookies
If you want to restrict or block the cookies set by 3Ci you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ menu in your browser should explain how you can do this, as well as how to delete cookies from your computer. For more information, see the ‘About cookies’ website.
How to control or delete cookies: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
1.6 Mobile phones – rejecting cookies
For information about how to reject cookies on your mobile phone’s browser, see your handset manual.
1.7 Full list of cookies
3Ci is a Squarespace website. Squarespace uses analytics and performance cookies. A full list of the cookies on the 3Ci website is available on this webpage about the cookies that Squarespace uses. Each cookie includes a short description of the purpose, type and duration.